28 April 2007

Wooly Souvenirs

I couldn't get enough of the Beehive Wool Shop in Victoria, BC. Here I was introduced to the luxurious strands of Fleece Artist, which I had drooled at online but never fondled in person. While I was perusing there, David pointed out that he loves my fingerless mitts, but (*SNIFF*SNIFF*) does not have a pair of his OWN. Tsk. How could this be? I had to buy a few balls of Rowan Felted Tweed to remedy this dire situation.

Soon we headed out of Victoria, north to the nearby neighboring town of Sidney, which is home to two yarn shops. First there was In Sheep's Clothing, where I purchased my first ball of Trekking XXL...

... followed soon after by a visit to Patricia's Yarn Cabin, where I fondled much more Fleece Artist wooly goodness. Later this day was a trip to the aforementioned treasure trove, The Loom, near the town of Duncan. The stack of Fleece Artist sock yarn was building...

Now I am at my new home-for-two-months, at the Prana Urban Monastery.

1 comment:

Robin said...

So glad you had a chance to get some Fleece Artist at the Beehive. And isn't the Loom fantastic?! Enjoy your first few days at the monastary - sounds really interesting.