09 January 2008

Ten from Two Thousand Seven

At the beginning of each year, we should reflect upon the previous year. What were my greatest challenges? What brought me joy, laughter, lightness of heart? What filled me with sorrow or anxiety? History repeats itself, and reflection can help give insight into what lies ahead in the new year.

Along these lines, I've selected ten of my favorite photos from 2007. They were partly selected for photographic quality - lighting, composition, content - but also for qualities that aren't visible. Each photo contains a story, reminders of special moments and complex joys that could never be captured on film...

a frivolous preamble to a fashion show


the saddest boy in the world


a deep breath before the plunge


secrets of spring


boundless freedom


a sense of place


life and death


inspiration


a single look


thankful generations

No comments: